The town hall is a former Methodist church built in 1859 on the grounds of the former cavalry barracks. The barracks have now been substantially demolished. The church was deconsecrated after the closure of the barracks in the 1920s and was subsequently used as a recreation hall, the Town hall, a community training workshop and the parking wardens office. The building is a 9 bay gable ended gothic revival church.


1915 Postcard

The following documents, produced by de Blacam and Meagher Architects, give an outline of the restoration work, under the Part 8 planning, for the Newbridge Town Hall refurbishment.

Click to download:

Outline Description (PDF file, 88k)

Conservation Report (PDF file, 2.16mb)